In the recent video I show you how to model a mushroom (no not that sort!) once the mushroom was modelled I then show you how to paint it.
- To set up for painting open Blender 3D and open your model or just trial the below on a cube or some other shape.
- Go into object mode and hit CTRL-A and select all transforms.
- Hit the TAB button to go into edit mode and hit A to select all.
- Now go to UV whic can be found near the top menu and selsect Smart UV Project (this will unwrap your model).
- Go to the texture paint tab and your model should be pink/purple, this is because we don’t have a texture added to it.
- On the right side menu you will see a box stating “No Textures” next to that is + sign, selet the +, select base color.
- I normally change the width and heith to 2048 but you can change to higher or leave as is, you can change the base color to whatever you require, default will be white.
- then click OK.
- Now your object will the color you selected.
- Hit the brush tool (may already be on it).
- Change the color on the color wheel, then you can paint your object.
If you are using a set color palette, just below the color wheel is a color palette.
Select new, then when you have the color you want you can just press the the+ sign to add that color to your custom palette.
Enjoy your new skills!